Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

With Love On Mother's Day - 5/9/2010
By: Janette

Of all the Mothers on the earth,....I confess,
That my Mother is the very best.
You raised me to give all my love,
To those who are here and up above.
I was the one that was sweet and good,
You did not hesitate to tell it, as well you should.
You taught us girls to sew and clean,
And how none of us should treat others mean.
You made sure our clothes always looked nice,
Having clothes with wrinkles would not suffice.
Our hair was always fixed just right,
Even when the scissors made you feel contrite.
The pixie dolls you made for us girls,
Had our own hair but not enough for dad to twirl.
You were always there to wipe my tears,
You taught me how to have no fear.
There are times when it's just you and me,
We sit and watch your shows on t.v.
I love you Mom and glad you're mine,
God sent me to you with his love divine.
You are always patient and forgiving,
Every day I have you is a day of thanksgiving.
I'm not your favorite, but I'm pretty sure,
I'm definitely one of your 'top' four.
It's hard to explain the love for my Mother,
It seems you're always there like no other.
This is your poem Mom and I want to say,
I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a darling tribute with touching words for a GREAT lady - Happy Mother's Day to your Mom and to you. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a poet's touch with the common word. That tribute to your mom is a treasure, just as you are. Happy Mother's Day to both of you.

    ReplyDelete