Friday, July 2, 2010

It's Independance Day !


Happy Birthday America ! ! !
By: Janette Sprankle
July 4, 2010

The VA is the place that I work,
It’s top notch in every way.
It employs great doctors and a whole bunch of nurses
Who take care of our Veteran’s every day.

It’s my ‘home away from home’ no doubt,
I’m happy to say I LOVE what I do.
To serve those who serves us all,
And to honor the RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Independence Day is the birthday of our Nation,
It’s what the founding fathers fought for.
If the parchment hadn’t been signed on that day,
What would our country have had in store?

As I think of our fallen soldiers,
Those who sacrificed and fought until the end.
I can’t help but feel in my heart,
They are my heroes, their bravery I will commend.

Our country is so unique,
From sea to shining sea.
When we celebrate this great holiday,
We’ll think of those who keeps us free.

While standing at the parade and as the flag passes by,
The anthem will surely be played by the band.
I’ll stand with pride at attention,
And to my heart I’ll raise my hand.

When night-time comes upon it all,
The fireworks will begin to rise.
The colors that light up the heavens above,
Will surely make us look up and marvel at the sky.

So Happy Birthday America!
It’s time to come together and strike up the band.
While we eat our hot dogs, potato salad and corn on the cob,
We’ll celebrate the freedom of this great land!



1 comment:

  1. I'll say it again....you have got to put all your poetry together and have it published. I want to tell the world that I am related to that great poet, Nettie. Love your verse. You have a wonderful touch, a loving "feel".

    ReplyDelete