Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


Another Word for “Thanks” is “Gratitude”
By: Janette Sprankle
November 24, 2011

As we all gather together on this Thanksgiving Day
Let us all remember when we begin to pray,
Of all that we have and the gratitude we bare
And thank God in Heaven for what we can share.

Gratitude is something that fills my heart,
For so many have gone above and beyond, doing their part.
They’ve given so freely of thoughts and good deeds,
To help out with family, friends and strangers, whatever their needs.

Thinking back on my days when I was very young,
I would sing, “Count your many blessings, name them one by one”.
It was always uplifting and made me realize what I had,
And how much was provided by my Mom and my Dad.

We’ve all been taught of why we celebrate this day,
It was the pilgrims on the Mayflower who landed at Massachusetts Bay.
Eventually, after winter they met with the Indians for a feast,
It was a grand day for all up there in the Northeast!

And as we are still together
There are many things we should remember,
Thanksgiving Day is about Gratitude, but also Joy, Hope and Wishes,
And I can promise you if you help with the dishes, you’ll get lots of kisses!

Now go have some TURKEY!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Sprankle house to yours!

“Having gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a gift and not delivering it”.
Quote By: Thomas Spencer Monson

1 comment:

  1. Happy thanksgiving to my crazily talented cousin. I always enjoy reading your poetry . Hope that your holiday weekend is super.

    ReplyDelete