Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Time - 2012

It’s Christmas Time In My Little Town
December 2012
By:  Janette Spencer Sprankle
It’s Christmas time in my little town,
We now have a little snow on the ground.
All the colored lights and décor are on display,
And soon it will be time for Santa and his sleigh.
From the center of town to the south and the north,
To the east and west, it’s all coming forth.
The Christmas Star on the mountain with its white lights,
Reminds us of Jesus and his birth Christmas night.
The town clock when it chimes has an angelic sound,
Especially at Christmas when home folks are around.
The love that I’ve felt from when I was young,
And the Christmas carols of my youth and all that I’ve sung.
My little town seems to have a special touch,
It welcomes all back because they love it that much.
There isn’t many towns that are quite like mine
Especially right now at Christmas time.
The holiday season is a favorite for sure,
There is so much I feel right down to my core.
I know my town has been blessed in deed,
Living here provides all my wants and my needs.
So many memories I hold in my heart,
All my family and friends played a very big part.
During this “Season of Love” come wishes from me and my crew,
A Christmas that’s Merry and a Happy New Year to you!

1 comment:

  1. And to think that our Dad was one of the first people to help put the star up on the mountain

    ReplyDelete