Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Ashley and Joey

Just wanted to wish Ashley and Joey a Happy Anniversary!!!! It's hard to believe that it has been three years already since your BIG DAY. I'm posting the poem I wrote for Ashley's wedding. Sioux read it for me at the bridal shower at Whitey's house. I knew I couldn't have gotten through it myself, and although she didn't volunteer to read it, she was kind enough to read it for me when asked.

To Ashley With Love
From your Mother
On November eleven, nineteen-eighty-three
The Sprankle family was jumping and shouting with glee
Born to Dave and Janette a perfect little girl
She certainly had our hearts in a whirl!
This new little life to us all did touch
She had her two big brother’s hearts in a clutch.
Christopher and Nathan were so proud of their sister
Often they would argue who was going to hold her.
You could say she was Christopher’s 10th birthday present
Nathan was excited and much in amazement
Daddy was the proud Papa, she was the “apple of his eye”,
And well Mommy, she was so happy all she could do was cry.
You’ve added sunshine to our family in so many ways
Your cute little smile lit up all our days
Everybody loved you and thought you were special
You surrounded us all in a colorful dazzle
The years have come and the years have gone
It’s been over twenty-one-years, you’re ready to move on
You have met your soul-mate and ready to be his wife
His name is Joseph,…no doubt he’ll make you a happy life
When I think of the wonderful new life you will live
I think of the happiness and love to Joey you’ll give
So go on, be happy and never have any doubts
He is the one you have chosen, it’s time for a new route.
Never forget the dreams you have always had
Always remember the love of your Mom and Dad
We are giving you to Joey who will love and protect
But never forget we are still here in every aspect.

Ashley, we want you to always be happy, and no matter how old you grow, you will always and forever be “Daddy’s Little Princess” and “Mommy’s Little Girl”. Remember I love you all the way to Heaven and back, and always will!!!
Love you,
Mom
10/2005

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe they have been married for 3 years either... I am happy for them. I love the poem and what a great thing for Ashley to have from her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 3 busy and loving years! The two of them have accomplished alot. I love this poem that you wrote, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bride and a treasure of a poem.....a mother's heart certainly wrote that. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete