Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SON

I wanted to wish my son Nathan a very Happy Birthday. He is working down there in Arkansas on his 'day'without any of his family. Your Dad and I have you on our minds today, going back 35 years to the day you were born, January 20, 1975 in Concord, MA. You were born about 3 minutes after 1 p.m. (during my Soap Opera, All My Children) which was on the t.v. I don't know how you feel about poems,....especially those that are about you, but this is the way I express myself. I could have gone on and on with phrase after phrase about you, but the poem would have never ended. We love you N8!

Happy Birthday My Son
Written With Love, by Mom - 1/20/2010
You’ve always been a warm spot on my heart,
In fact, it’s been there from the very start.
In the beginning your dad and I knew,
Such a spirit you had when you made your debut.
People came from all over Boston to see “our” boy,
Within hours you were famous, you brought such joy.
You were a blessing, a gift from God up above,
In our arms you were delivered with a whole lot of love.
Your hair was dark auburn, you had curls too,
Freckles on your face, people said “he looks like you”.
When you developed your little southern accent,
We couldn’t help but smile, when talking you were so intent.
When you were little you gave us such pleasure,
A gift from God, you were such a treasure.
You have so many talents, it’s plain to see,
Your abilities are numerous, all would agree.
When you play your music the feelings it brings,
There’s so much passion that comes from the strings.
I miss the days when I tucked you in bed,
And bent down to give you a kiss on your head.
I listened to your prayers to Father in Heaven above,
For you, your Momma has a heart full of love.
Although I miss your younger phase,
I would not trade who you are today.
Yes, you are all grown and on your own,
I look forward to visits when you come back home.

Happy Birthday Nathan!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Nate! And what a wonderful poem to honor him with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do any of your children have your talent with the written word? Happy, happy birthday Nathan. It says a lot about a man when his folks are so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how I missed this post - but wanted to wish Nathan a GREAT Twenty-Ten! I always loved that pix of him by the old cannon! Such a cute red-head.

    ReplyDelete