Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time to stick my neck out & get down off my post!

It's Time To Take A Risk
By: Janette
I'm taking a risk
I cannot say how,
In due time I may tell
But this will be it for now.
I can always stand to hear
A positive word or two,
Of encouragement, it helps
Or a pat on the back from you.
I was told to come in
And "WOW all of us there",
I'm pretty sure I did just that,
But it still turned out unfair.
I try to be positive
I hate when I'm not,
I try to do good
But "not good enough" is what I got.
So, for now just wish me luck
And yes, in due time I may tell,
For now, my spirit they have broken
And THEY have made me feel like hell!
I don't know how many of you read my post about turtles as part of what I'm thankful for last November, but if you did you will know that a turtle doesn't get anywhere without sticking it's neck out. And a quote from my cousin back in VA, "Turtles may be slow but they are tenacious and single minded. A lot can be accomplished with those traits." Just because a turtle is older, it doesn't mean it can't get a job done, AND the older they are, the wiser they are. I was told once that maybe it's time to take a risk and be like the turtle I wrote about and stick my neck out. It may have been meant in a different way, but I get to choose the way I do it!!! It's that time,....I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. And in time, we will see how much was accomplished by doing just that.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Nettie, what are you up to? A tickler like your posting just isn't fair without a little more to go on. What'cha doing Kid?!

    ReplyDelete