Sunday, September 12, 2010

Something Strange & Hard to Explain

Caught Between Here and Somewhere
By: Janette

It was such a weird feeling
I experienced today,
I was caught between here and somewhere
But it's hard for me to say.
When all things went bright and white
All around me it was such a blur,
It seemed to last forever
A feeling I did not prefer.
I didn't know what I should do
So I just stood there and held on to the pole,
I prayed I would not fall down
I was in a state I could not control.
I struggled with words that
I could not get out,
People were talking to me
I didn't know what it was about.
No, I didn't know what was happening
like being in another realm of glory,
I did finally make it through all that
And now I share this story.

I put a post on Facebook yesterday evening after I got home from the U of U football game. It was an awful feeling that came about. Diana and I went to use the girl's facility and get something to drink for her, Christopher, Ashley and myself. But after going up the stairs from our seats, everything went very scary and weird. After what seemed like hours (maybe 10 minutes or so), I was taken in to the First Aid Station at the stadium. The medical people came to the conclusion this was all due to dehydration. It was much hotter at the game than we all thought, in fact it was miserable! I had to put Ashley's jacket over my legs because the sun was burning them through my pant legs. She brought it with just in case it was to cool down later on. When we first got there, I bought a bottle of water ($3.00) to share until later in the game. Well part of a bottle of water and none earlier is what caused this situation. Once they started getting water down me, I started feeling better. The above was what I was feeling during all of this. I'm telling this story so you all know, ....... fluids, fluids, fluids ! ! ! ! when it's hot, hot, hot ! ! ! !

2 comments:

  1. Nettie, you scared me. Glad it was something easily corrected, even though still quite dangerous. Take care of yourself. You have a lot of verse in you to come out yet so we need another 30 years, at least, of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you made it back from the other side and with a sense of humour to go with it all!

    ReplyDelete