Monday, February 16, 2009

HAPPY NEWS FOR NATHAN

My son, Nathan has accepted a job offer back in Blytheville, AR. Actually it is Pamela's momma's hometown near an old air force base that has been closed down for many years. The company is located on the old base and called ART. They repair jets, like the Delta Connection planes, etc. I think I mentioned he is an A&P Mechanic. I am happy for him but sad for me because we have really enjoyed having him back home again this past year and four months. He was in Baton Rouge, LA before that for a year and a half or so after graduating from SLCC. Anyway, he flies in tonight from Arkansas and will immediately start getting ready to be on their way by a week from today. The tears are already starting to come just thinking about seeing him leave again. Oh well,....I do wish the best for them and I'm happy for Pamela's momma cuz' she'll be getting her daughter back home after many years. I know what it's like to have your kids across the country or even down in southern Utah. I'll have to plan some vacations down that way I guess. Like maybe Branson, MO. Yeh,....it's only 5 hrs. from Blytheville.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, just when you have them all close, they move on ya. I sometimes we could all live closer. But such is life. Thank heavens for new technology and the ability to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm preparing for the day when my kids are no longer close by because there is no guarantee in this world you will find a job where you want to live! That is why we ended up in Texas for so long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A HUGE Congratulations to Nathan on nabbing a great job in this economy. Talk about pulling off the impossible. Best wishes to him and his family. And to you, too, Nettie. Thank goodness for phones, computers, skypes, and airplanes for wide spread families. The distances aren't as great as they used to be.

    ReplyDelete