Saturday, March 27, 2010

EASTER TREE - 2010

My Easter tree for 2010 is done. Besides the white lights that are always on it, I came up with what I think is some cute stuff. After looking at the picture of the tree, I realize I need to make some adjustments of the ornaments. I bought the glass egg shaped ornaments (Dave says they look like light bulbs) at Ben Franklin. I wanted to fill them with something different than what they filled their’s with, but wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. After much thought and deciding what I wasn’t going to put in them,…..I came up with these (there are twenty of them). Five of the eggs has shredded pastel blue, pink and yellow paper. Here is a picture of the shape the paper is after coming out of the shredder. I folded each piece of paper accordion style. It took 200 pieces to fill an egg. I doubt there are 200 in all of them (5), but this particular one I counted. Second I decided folding the paper was crazy and took up too much of my time, so I bought the same three colors in Easter (non-messy) grass. The result was this. Next, I found some cute rubber Easter ornaments at Ben Franklin also and the other day when I went over to the store to see what else I could put on my tree, Ashley brought some cute little polka dot flowers to my attention. They were actually made out of flower shaped chip board, covered with scrapbook paper with a white button in the middle and placed on a stick that came out of the ‘party’ section. I was already to make me some of these flowers, but they didn’t have all of the supplies I needed. One of the nice employees sold me the whole bouquet and decorated can they were in for $5.99 !!!! I couldn’t pass that deal up,…..So the flowers got stuck randomly all over the tree. I have some other projects for Spring I want to do yet,…..so stay tuned for more.

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute Easter tree. Sometimes I miss being back in the States because I don't get to do fun little projects anymore. One of my parents brought back some colored Easter eggs from the States and donated them to our class for Easter. I have to figure out what I am going to do with them. I am in Hong Kong this weekend so I am hoping to find some Easter "stuff" down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home must be the most 'fun' place because it is certainly one of the most seasonal. My house stopped getting decorated for Easter when all my kids grew up. Funny, I still do Halloween and Christmas. Surely Easter is more important than any other holiday.

    Have a great week. I enjoy reading about all your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really turned out darling! I guess all the creative talent got dispersed between you and Whitey!

    ReplyDelete