Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Already St. Patricks Day In 5 Days!

A St. Patrick’s Poem - 2011
By: Janette Spencer Sprankle

In an Irish Village called Blarney
At a castle that is well known,
Tis’ a fact that most Irish folks
Will go kiss the Blarney Stone.

I love the sounds of an Irish Tenor
Singing praises ta’ their Irish home,
It isn’t quite the same I feel
If the singer is a Baritone.

Now tis’ known my favorite color
Is that o’ the sky so blue,
I’ll wear the greens on St. Paddy’s day
Fe’r I don’t want a pinch from you!

Oh,..the words o’ “My Wild Irish Rose”
Are truly the sweetest I’ve ever heard,
Tis’ one of my favorite Irish songs
In it a love story has occurred.

As I sit and think ‘bout the Shamrock
And the luck they say it brings,
It brightens my days in the middle o’ March
Ta’ think I may be rich by Spring.

An Irish phrase of my youth I would say
I wasn’t sure back then what it really meant,
“Hunky Dory” means ‘good’ and now I know
I should have said it with an Irish accent.

On St. Patrick’s Day we’re all Irish
For we help ta’ celebrate the day,
Tis’ fun, tis’ happy and tis’ really green
What more about it can I say.

There’s many an Irish Blessin’s
That I wish for my loved ones so dear,
But good health, good luck, and happiness’
Tis’ what I want for them thru’ the year!

2 comments:

  1. Bring on the green and the corned beef and cabbage. And all the kisses for the cute little leprechauns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nettie, your blog is a perfect book of poetry. And the accompanying graphics is perfect. Print it! Sell it!!

    ReplyDelete