Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Little Something For My Mom - Happy Birthday!

This is the poem I wrote for my wonderful Mom's 80th Birthday and how it looked after I decided how I was going to present it. The poem is below.
Nadine Fry Spencer
February 23, 1931
You’d Never Know It,….But She’s Eighty
By: Janette Spencer Sprankle
It isn’t very often
And all would agree,
You’d see an eighty year old woman
With her original knees.

The sparkle in her eyes
Is where it’s always been,
We won’t count the transplant
In her eyes of the lens.

The hips are truly hers
They haven’t been replaced,
No tightening anywhere,
not even in her face.

Now her boobs are her own
Nothing fake we all know,
She’s even got her original
‘Fry’ mouth, ears and nose!

She’s had some cleaning out
Of the spine within her back,
There’s been a fix on her arm
Although all is intact.

The only part that’s not
In their original form,
Are her upper & lowers
With which she was born.

Her smile has always been
The one we adore,
It Radiates true beauty
And goes right to the core.

So Mom, keep on smiling
You are awesome as can be,
We all love you dearly
And please don’t forget,…..
Take care of them knees!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute poem. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I bet Aunt Nadine loved it and will cherish it always.

    ReplyDelete