Thursday, December 25, 2008

A CHRISTMAS POEM - 2008

Christmas 2008
By: Janette
Christmas two-thousand-eight is now upon us
It’s time to sit down, relax and end all the fuss.
It’s hard to believe it is already here
I feel the Christmas spirit near.
It is the second Christmas without our Dad
The first we were all somewhat very sad.
But I’m confident he is in Heaven looking down
Telling us he is well with loved ones all around.
We love him a lot and miss him so much
I wish there was a way to keep in touch.
We know he is with Jesus and all angels above
This time of year our Dad is who we're thinking of.
It helps me to sit back and ponder the Christmases past
And how much I wished the years had not gone by so fast.
But I think of the Christmas Eve's when I would lay in bed
And think of ole’ Santa,… his reindeer and sled.
The four of us girls would be anticipating
What would be under the tree upon awakening.
It seemed there would always be lots of pleasure
For Mom and Dad made sure there were lots of treasures.
They made us all happy and tried to make sure
We had what we needed and made us secure.
Christmases back then were the best we had known
And now look at us all and how we have grown.
With families of our own and grandchildren galore
Made our Mom and Dad the center of this family core.
It isn’t the material things that make Christmas good
It’s all about Jesus and all that he withstood.
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Net-we need to figure out a way to fix your blog so that it comes up with all your new entries. It makes me sad when I notice that there is something new there, and I see little or no comments. I love your sentiments about Christmas. I remember and have told my kids often the stories of your Mom and Dad heading out to Gibson's on Christmas Eve for a marathon shopping spree for our Christmases! That and the Spiegel catalog orders that would arrive days laters! Fun times - fun memories. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thoughts you have here,, mostly I remember the flood lights that came with the movie camera that blinded us all. It was a little easier this time with out Dad, signs that we are healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful story of the heart expressed so lovingly. You are a great family and your home was always a place of stuff happening. Love always finds a way, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete